Saturday, December 5, 2009

I become a world traveler and get in trouble


China was pretty cool. The trip was loooong. My God. How do people who fly for a living stand it? They tried to make me check my guitar and I gave them the "you'll get my guitar when you pry it from my cold dead hands" look and they just shut up. I serenaded the whole plane to show my forgiving spirit. What could they do? Throw me off?

I have a couple of new fans now.

The training Travis came all this way for turned out to be some kind of funky ancient Chinese breathing techniques. While he was learning to breathe *cue eyeroll*, I went exploring. This whole country and most of the stuff in it is older than anything I've ever seen or heard of. It's kind of like stepping back in time. They gave me a tourist guide which I used to steady the wobbly breakfast table in the hostel. I didn't want to see tourist stuff. I wanted to poke my nose into nooks and crannies and dark corners. I guess I poked a little too hard.

Well, what would any red blooded girl have done? You accidentally uncover a hidden staircase, what do you do? Is there any option?

I'm telling you, I felt like I'd stepped into a Dungeons and Dragons game. Or one of those old Universal horror movies. Dark, dank, smelly subterranean passageways, flickering torches, the whole nine yards. It was the coolest thing ever.



Until I fell into a damned pool or well or something in the dark. Then it was the coldest thing ever. You have not felt cold until you've fallen headfirst into water that has never been warmed by the sun.



That might not have been so bad if the trap door at the top of the stairs hadn't stuck shut. Okay, maybe I'm just a weakling and couldn't lift it. Maybe Travis is right and I should work out more. But the time to realize that is not when you're stuck in a FREAKING UNDERGROUND DUNGEON and didn't bother to tell anybody where you were going.

I finally found a door and it had a big damn chain across it. The cosmos is having one big belly laugh at you, Zayne.



I wandered around for two million years. I did the whole Nancy Drew thing, tapping on walls and trying to move loose stones and stuff. Nothing. Nothing except, finally, in a niche I'd already walked right past twice, a big hole in the wall that was just screaming "put your hand in here, sucker." Hey, I have seen the Indiana Jones movies. I know what's going to be in there. Bugs. and maybe snakes.



It was cold and slimy, but there was, I'm not even kidding, a big old iron lever way back in there. I pulled it hard and heard a grinding sound from deep within the thick stone walls. Nancy Drew comes through again!

Sure enough, a door was there where there'd been no door a minute ago. God, that was cool. And ... um ... who am I kidding? Scary as shit.





We went to the Martial Arts Academy and Travis took to it like a duck to water. I decided an ounce of bravado was worth a pound of actual skill. Can't touch this, mister wooden kung fu thing.



I really started getting into it. I felt like Lucy Liu. Or more like Michelle Yeoh, since Lucy Liu is actually American. Anyway, before long I was kicking ass and taking names. Hee, hee.



This is what you get to wear when you get your first belt. Cool, huh? It's nice, but it just wasn't ... pink enough. So I fixed it.





I'd seen on the tourist guide that there was an ancient cemetery. I thought how cool it would be to tell Wyatt I'd met some Chinese ghosts, so I left Travis sleeping the sleep of the just and went there alone. It looked old, all right, but I didn't see one single ghost. I even went into the mausoleum to see if they were all in there. That turned out to be a mistake. Those ancient ghosts are meaner and scarier than our kind. I'll never learn.





They had this notice board, and Travis found a guy offering to be a sparring partner if you were good enough. Obviously, he had to go prove that he was.



We found him taking care of his garden - in his underwear. I love China!



This guy was serious stuff. He could do these wicked leaps into the air like in the movies. But Travis kept right on blocking and ducking, and got in a few hits. He did himself proud. He did me proud.



That's not all we found time for.





The next time I felt like going exploring, I made Travis go with me.


You want me to stick my hand in where??


Hey, I did it.

Turned out to be worth it. We found lots of shiny pretties. We checked, and they said we could keep them. I think they also said some things about tourists and Indiana Jones and Hollywood under their breath as we were leaving.



You don't have to tell me playing a sweet riff in the beautiful, ancient countryside of a foreign land, with trees you've never seen and smells you've never smelled, and waterfalls off in the distance, is no different from playing in Central Park. I know that.

Bullshit. It's way different.




Scooooore!








14 comments:

  1. OMG. ROFLMAO. This is hilarious.
    Even that last pic where Travis is looking at his hand like he still can't believe he stuck it in there.
    All these facial expressions just couldn't be any better.
    And the way she is slapping at that tree thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They tried to make me check my guitar and I gave them the "you'll get my guitar when you pry it from my cold dead hands" look and they just shut up

    LOL

    Loved the pic of zayne slapping the exercise thingie... LOL

    GREAT update! I loved it, was laughing my patooshi off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you tell Zayne and Travis that a tent is a convenient place to woohoo (tip 1)? They would enjoy that.

    I love Zayne exploring, she looks so scared about most of it. Tip 2) dive pools should be tackled in swim wear. They don't have the soaked feeling for hourse.

    I love when they first start on those martial arts dummies. They really do kind of gently slap at it. Indiana Sam is finally getting a bit more aggressive with it but he had to pass level 3 to get there.

    Great update, love Zayne as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! How do you do it? And the tub shots? Dang, woman, those rock.

    Zayne is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *smirk* I love manipulating screenshots. It's not always necessary, but I love doing it when it's called for. It's a rush when I get it right. Those tub shots, and the shower shots from a few posts ago, are my FAVORITE ones to do. For obvious reasons. I was going for erotica without vulgarity. I think they're HOT HOT HOT. *waggles eyebrows*

    I got really lucky with the facial expressions this time around. After that it's just a matter of playing with lighting and camera angles. I can't take credit for all of it. WA has greatly enhanced lighting, which is either a blessing or a curse depending on where you're trying to take a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Sue, you naughty minx!

    The shots are awesome!SO that nude mod is working in WA then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tub and shower pics were soooo sexy. I remember the shower pics. I couldn't believe how real they looked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, it works fine. I think there are more than one, maybe. The one I use is called nomosiac.

    Dee - I know. Tee hee. *waggles eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the tub shots are incredibly sexy without being vulgar. It's amazing what you can pull off very successfully there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, thank you.

    *Laughing at myself again* I didn't read about nomosaic being a mod. LOL. I was trying to look it up in the dictionary to find out what it meant. Sometimes I wonder about me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I commented here before? I can't remember. I've visited here before and think your blog is great. Good writing, good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Catherine. Thanks for the nice comment, and I'm really glad you like the blog. Good to have you here, and I hope you won't be a stranger. If you have a blog of your own, I'd love to read it. Just give me a link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catherine's blogs are absolutely awesome!

    She is linked at my CrinkleWinkle Legacy...but here are the links.

    http://catherinesims3.wordpress.com/
    her blog for all her stuff

    http://catherinesims3.wordpress.com/2009/06/23/founding-a-legacy/
    her DeCasim legacy... awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Hate it? Want to tell me so? Leave a comment. :)